Friday 1 May 2009

Old age home No families come visiting

Old age home
No families come visiting


by Mushfique Wadud



photo by Sheikh Rajibul Islam
‘Once on Eid day I woke my children up very early in the morning. They did not wake up from the first call. I had to struggle to wake them. Then I bathed them with my own hands.

And they could not wear their new dresses that I bought them with my hard-earned money so I and their mother helped them wear the new dresses. Afterwards I took my sons to the Eidgah (where Eid prayers are said) in their new clothes though I went to say my Eid prayer wearing very old clothes. After the prayer when we came to our house, their mother and I fed them shemai with our own hands. Our whole day was spent looking after them on Eid day. But now they have no time to meet me on Eid Day,’ says Shamsul Huq Khondoker. He is one of the many unlucky senior citizens in Boyoshko O Shishu Punorbashon Kendro (BOSHIPUK).

You can read it in the following link

http://www.newagebd.com/2008/dec/19/dec19/xtra_inner3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment